Applying to Lab
Charlotte Lab School admits students through an open lottery system.
General Lottery information for 2019-2020 School Year
- Our application period for 2019-2020 General Lottery will open on January 9, 2019 at 10:00 am and close February 20, 2019 at 11:59 pm (note: any application submitted after 11:59 pm will be added to the end of the wait list according to the date and time submitted)
- Our General Lottery will be held February 27, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- DO NOT submit more than ONE application per family. Submitting multiple applications is prohibited and could disqualify you from participating in the lottery
- Please click here for link to 2019-2020 General Lottery Application Form
Socioeconomic Diversity Priority Lottery
- Charlotte Lab School is committed to being an economically diverse community and will allot a percentage of the total number of seats available at Lab for students who qualify for the National School Lunch Program based on their families’ current income levels - link to guidelines
- Families interested in receiving this preference will indicate their desire on the general application
- For more information please see our Admissions and Enrollment Policies
Sibling, Employee, and Board Member Priority Lottery
- If you are a current Lab family, employee, or board member and would like to apply for the Sibling, Employee, and Board Member Lottery Preference please contact Admissions for the application form
- The application period for the Sibling, Employee, and Board Member Lottery Preference will close January 28, 2019 at 11:59pm
- The Sibling, Employee, and Board Member Preference Lottery will be held February 4, 2019
- For more information please refer to our Admissions and Enrollment Policies
Please click here for Charlotte Lab School Admissions and Enrollment Policy - updated 12/6/2018
Open House Information
- Please click here for link to 2019-2020 Open House Schedule
- PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accommodate any requests for tours outside of our scheduled Open House events. Each spring, we will host tours during the school day for families admitted through the school lottery.
2018-2019 General Lottery Information
The 2018-19 General Lottery, including socioeconomic diversity preference, took place on Wednesday March 21, 2018 at 5:00 pm at Charlotte Lab School (301 East 9th Street, Charlotte, NC 28202). The Sibling Lottery took place on February 15, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Online applications for the 2018-19 school year lottery were accepted starting Monday, January 8, 2018 at 10:00 am through Friday, March 9. We currently have more than 1,100 applicants on our waitlist for the 2018/19 school year. We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018/19 school year.