From May 2 through September 30, 2022 the North Carolina WIC Program will issue Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) coupons. You can use the FMNP coupons to buy fruits and vegetables at authorized local farmers’ markets. Ask your WIC office for a list of farmers’ markets where you can use the FMNP coupons.
- Pregnant, breastfeeding, partially-breastfeeding and postpartum women, and children ages 2 through 4 will receive the coupons.
- Each person eligible will receive six coupons worth $5 each.
- Each person can only receive six coupons per year.
- You will receive all six coupons at one time.
- You may use the coupons at authorized farmers’ markets only, not at grocery stores.
- Farmers who participate will have FMNP posters displayed in their selling areas.
- Not all farmers will have posters.
- Use the coupons to buy fresh, North Carolina-grown fruits and vegetables only.
- You may not use the FMNP coupons to buy peanuts or other nuts, baked goods,
- cooked foods, processed foods, honey, eggs, plants, herbs, crafts or other non-
- food items.
Consider Hosting a High School foreign exchange student at Lab!
Contact: Michelle Silla
Benefits to becoming a host family:
Create long-time and lasting friendships between your family and your student.
An Opportunity to learn new culture, language, food and traditions
Share your American culture, traditions, and values
An opportunity to look at Charlotte through a whole new lens
Make a difference in the world and contribute to global peace
Host family requirements:
Provide a bed and 3 meals a day.
Students come with their own spending money.
A willingness to share your lifestyle with the student.
Fill out an application and a background check.