Applying to Lab
Charlotte Lab School admits students through an open lottery system.
Applications for the 2021-22 lottery are now closed.
All applications received after the close date will be added to the waitlist in the order they were received.
Si usted necesita asistencia en español por favor llama 704-464-3830 para hablar con Denise Serrano.
- Lottery applications will open 10:00am December 15, 2020 and will close closed 4:00pm March 19, 2021.
- All applications received after the lottery close date will be added to our waitlist in the order they were received.
- We will hold our lottery on March 25, 2021 @ 11:00am.
- Charlotte Lab Primary School
600 Seigle Ave
Charlotte NC 28204
Members of the public are welcome to witness the lottery. For more information and details please RSVP here.
- Charlotte Lab Primary School
- All lottery applicants will receive an email notification of their status (seat offer or waitlisted) no later than close of school Monday, March 29, 2021.
- Click here to start the application process.
- For a Step-by-Step Guide to the application process click here.
- To check your application status click here for the Parent Login Portal.
Socioeconomic Diversity (SED) Preference Applicants
Families who qualify for, and wish to be considered for, our Socioeconomic Diversity (SED) Preference must complete an additional application form. A link to the SED Preference application form is included in your General Lottery application confirmation email. To apply, follow these steps:
- Apply through the General lottery
- Receive application confirmation email
- Click on the emailed SED Preference Application link, complete, and submit.
- Contact email@example.com for more assistance.
General Lottery Information for 2021-2022 School Year
- Children who turn 5 years old on or before August 31, 2021 who live in NC are eligible to apply to 2021-2022 lottery.
- Our application period for the 2021-2022 General Lottery will open Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 10:00am, and close Thursday, March 19, 2021 at 4:00pm.
- Online applications are available at Charlotte Lab School website under Applying to Lab.
- All lottery applicants will receive an email notification of their status (seat offer or waitlisted) no later than Monday, March 29, 2021.
- All applications received after the application period has closed will be added to the bottom of the waitlist in the order they were received.
- Waitlists do not carry over from one year to the next. Each year, we start fresh with new applications and new lotteries. Parents need to (re)apply each year they wish to be considered in the lottery.
- Only one (1) application per student per year is allowed. Multiple application submissions may result in exclusion from the lottery process.
- For more information please contact Caele Gambs, Director of Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-464-3830.
Sibling, Employee and Board Member (SEBM) Preference Lottery
- Charlotte Lab School offers a priority in our lottery process to siblings of current Lab students, and to children of full-time employees, and to children of past and present Board Members.
- The application period for the Sibling, Employee and Board Member preference will open December 15, 2020 and close March 19, 2021 at 4:00pm.
- The Sibling, Employee and Board Member Preference lottery will be held March 25, 2021.
Socioeconomic Diversity (SED) Preference Lottery
- Charlotte Lab School is committed to being an economically diverse community and will allot a percentage of the total number of seats available at Lab for students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds who qualify for the National School Lunch Program based on their families’ current income levels - link to guidelines
- Families interested in receiving this preference will indicate their desire on the general application, and will be required to complete an additional SED Application form. SED Applications will also close March 19, 2021 at 4:00pm.
- Our SED lottery will take place March 25, 2021. Any SED applicants not placed in this lottery will be transferred to the General lottery for a second chance in the General Lottery, to be held March 25, 2021.
- For more information please see our Admissions and Enrollment Policies
Open House Information
- Please click here for link to 2020-21 Open House Schedule
- PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accommodate any requests for tours outside of our scheduled Open House events. Each spring, we will host tours during the school day for families admitted through the school lottery.
You may direct specific questions about student enrollment and admissions to our Admissions Office by calling 704-464-3830 or emailing email@example.com.
Charlotte Lab School admits students of any race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion and ability to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Charlotte Lab School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or disability in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, and other school programs.