Charlotte Lab School and Charlotte Mecklenburg Library are partnering to support students’ ongoing education.
Through this partnership, Lab students are able to use their Student ID number to access and check out public library resources. We call this initiative ONE Access, because one number (a Lab student ID number) is all that a student needs. Here are some important things for parents to know:
- ONE Access allows students to borrow e-resources and access library databases just like any other Charlotte Mecklenburg Library card. Reminder: MoLi will be at the Lab campus every few weeks (Charlotte Mecklenburg Mobile Library)!
- Students can also borrow up to 10 print or audio books (no DVDs or music CDs).
- There are no overdue fines for ONE Access accounts, but users are responsible for fees on lost books.
- All students will automatically be enrolled in this program and be able to use their school ID number to access library services.
- ONE Access accounts will now have a default PIN of the students MM/DD birthdate. A student born on July 4 has a PIN of 0704. The birthday of October 31 is now 1031.
- There is no action required by parents/guardians of students participating in the program! Charlotte Lab School will provide student information to Charlotte Mecklenburg Library including Name, Birthday, Grade, Student ID, Address and parent contact information. This is standard information required for a Library card.
- If you do not want your child to have access to library resources, you may opt out. Be aware that students who opt out of ONE Access will not be able to participate in classroom use of library resources unless they have a Charlotte Mecklenburg Library card. OPT-OUT Form must be completed by Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023 at 8am. OPT-OUT FORM
Contact Mr. Buggs with any questions.