Charlotte Lab School Clubs are designed to promote school pride, community involvement, and leadership opportunities as well as provide guidance and support to students through real-world partnerships and experiences.
Starting A Club
NEW CLUB PROPOSAL AND APPROVAL PROCESS
- Check with the Director of Student Life to ensure your club idea is not already forming.
- Fill out the Club Proposal Form and submit it to the Director of Student Life by Wednesday, October 4 for Semester 1 and Wednesday, January 3 for Semester 2.
- You must have a Staff Advisor (you should talk with them about meeting dates and times)
- You must have a minimum of 10 student signatures as starting members
- Once you have completed and turned in your Club Proposal Form, it must be approved by the Student Life Coordinator and SGA.
- You might be called to answer additional questions about your club during this process
- All new clubs will be approved by:
- Friday, October 13 for Semester 1
- Friday, January 12 for Semester 2
- Once your club has been approved, you will be expected to run a table at Student Life Rush Day to gain new members. All starting members and your staff advisor should meet once prior to this day to prepare.
CLUB REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES
- Must have a minimum of 8 members to form and maintain a club.
- All clubs must have at least one staff advisor per 15 members. The advisor must attend all meetings.
- If the advisor is not able to attend a scheduled meeting, then it is the responsibility of the advisor to find a staff member to cover. If a staff member is not available to cover, then the club meeting will be cancelled and must be rescheduled.
- Each club must have elected officers- Minimum of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Each club should have Club By-Laws and Member Agreements that each participant must sign by the end of the second meeting.
- Clubs should remain open to all interested students, except in cases in which academic requirements are in place (i.e. National Honor Society).
- Each club should meet a minimum of eight times during the school year. Meeting dates, times, and locations should be submitted to theDirector of Student Life by the end of your second meeting.
- An agenda and minutes from each meeting will be kept in a running Google Doc and shared with the staff advisor, SGA President, and Director of Student Life.
- All clubs are expected to participate in at least one school/community event or project each year. Clubs may work with other clubs within an event/project.
- All clubs must follow the rules and procedures of Charlotte Lab School.
- All clubs must gain approval from the school accountant and the Director of Student Life prior to assigning any fees/dues or participating in a fundraiser.
- Dues should only be collected if they are vital to club success (i.e. Rock Climbing memberships).
- All money is to be received and handled by the staff advisor.
The Director of Student Life holds the right to suspend and/or terminate clubs that do not meet the minimum guidelines set forth in this document.
Youth Advisory Board
Labfama (Food & Mutual Aid)